Saturday, June 25, 2022

Widows for Mirrors

 Converting our gust quarters into a mini gallery. The first piece I’ve installed is an extremely personal piece. You see I heard a very good talk not to long ago in which a brother used an illustration of exchanging our windows for mirrors. The point being, when we become self absorbed in the negative realities of our lives, all we can see are our own problems.  It’s like looking into mirrors instead of relishing the view from our windows. Appreciating the good things, counting our blessings. 

You see, my wife left me, a few weeks before the COVID lock down 2020. I knew something was wrong, but every attempt to find the root of the problem was met with deflection. Her mind was made, her heart far removed from the vows we made 30 years ago. And on a dark and rainy night she disappeared, just like in one of those tawdry novels. 

This piece encapsulates the story. The hole she left in our lives is real. 
Two years in the pain has lessened by the bountiful spiritual blessings from Jehovah and the love of my spiritual family. And like artists before me I am now able to use my abilities to address the drama of this life.  I know some might think it insensitive to use the affairs of our lives as fodder for our work but I can’t think of any better therapy to deal with the pain. The loss, the heartache. And perhaps with in this,  others can find solace and camaraderie in the fractured imperfections of our shared experiences.
A little Kintsugi helps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment