Sunday, March 15, 2009

New directions

after the discussion of the evolution of the Graphic Novel, and the discovery of Shaun Tan and his absolutely brilliant work in The Arrival, The lost Thing, The Red Tree, and Tales From Outer Suburbia, I've decided to embark on a new path. This is a sampling. A germ of an idea I'm calling GREW for the time being. I've always loved the fantastic, the enigmatic. I'm drawn to works that invite personal interpretation, and after reading Shaun's posts, his view on his work, I have developed an affinity for what he has done.      
riding on the wings of influence, I need to leave the animal book for a while.  A fresh look later can only help it get better.  and I really feel the need to press on. Expand, de-stagnate, de-compress. We'll see what happens!   

No comments:

Post a Comment